Development of local communities
Bracell believes that the development of its surrounding communities is part of its commitment to share the benefits from its activities with everyone it has a relationship with.
The company creates long-term value which is shared with its stakeholders and seeks to meet their social demands through two axis:
- Continuous communication to mitigate the impact of its operations
Bracell adopts procedures to map the communities and maintains a continuous communication with those who are impacted by forest management activities.
In order to keep its stakeholders well informed on the development of its operations, the company created the program Encontro com Comunidades (meeting with the communities). Under this program, Bracell’s professionals contact locals from the place in which the company will operate to explain all processes of the operation – such as planting, harvesting and transportation, – and to inform them about the communication channels to report questions, demands or complaints.
- Private Social Investment
Bracell develops social projects based on three pillars: Education, Empowerment and Enhancement. These pillars are based on the following premises:
- Flexibility and adaptability to different needs of stakeholders, both in Bahia and in São Paulo;
- Focus on people and on collective needs, in different cultures and realities;
- Development of cooperative and co-responsibility actions;
- Priority of projects that create shared value;
- Constant pursue to apply the concept of sustainable development throughout the entire project; and
- Obtaining of direct and indirect measurable and qualitative results.